You should immediately report any accident, injury or occupational disease to your employer. Your employer should report this to their workers’ compensation insurance carrier, which should start an investigation into your claim. If your employer or their insurance company do not respond to your report within a short time, you should seek out the services of an experiences workers’ compensation attorney. Such an attorney can contact the employer and insurance company and if necessary, can file a lawsuit with the Louisiana Office of Workers’ Compensation.