You are not required to hire an attorney to settle your workers’ compensation case. However, I strongly advise you to at least consult with one before settling your case. Some of the important issues to address when considering what is a fair settlement are as follows:
- An accurate workers’ compensation rate
- Permanent physical or mental restrictions as a result of your injury
- The physical and mental demands of your job of injury
- Vocational rehabilitation efforts
- Cost of lifetime future medical treatment
- Do you have Medicare or will you within 30 months of settlement?
- Have you applied for or receiving Social Security Disability?
- How will a workers' compensation settlment affect the Social Security Disability benefits you receive?
- Is a Medicare Set Aside necessary?
- What are the consequences of not having a Medicare Set Aside, when one is required?
I offer a free consultation to review these factors and others to discuss the role they play in a Louisiana workers’ compensation settlement. Call my office today to schedule your consultation.